Thank you for visiting my website....
I hold a PhD in Education from Simon Fraser University where I worked as a lecturer for five years advising faculty on writing intensive learning strategies for students and teaching in the Faculty or Education. I have a Master's degree in Educational Technology from the University of Calgary where I applied adult learning principles and my technical skills to building a comprehension CDROM as part of my thesis on collaboration. Also, I have completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Alberta College of Art and Design where my interest in divergent ways of thinking was nurtured.
As well as my formal education, I have workshop certification in digital storytelling, mediation and facilitation.
I have worked extensively in the field of adult learning and development as an instructional designer, learning performance specialist and project manager for both industry and post-secondary institutions with expertise in online, eLearing, blended and classroom training.
What do I do?
- Assist organizations in identifying what training they might or might not need when something isn't working.
- Specialize in working with others to arrive at the best solution possible for the situation.
- Delight when all the pieces come together and the project is successfully completed.
Who am I?
- I love change and seeing what is around the corner.
- I am always looking for the patterns in people places and things.
- I play by analyzing the world with family and friends.
- I am a lover of turtles and cats.
- I am most at home with theatre, art and music - best with some 'fringe' thrown in.